- A bite to eat means to get something to eat.
To get food that can be eaten quickly.
A small meal.
1. I just need 10 minutes to grab a bite to eat.
2. Sylvia often gets a bite to eat between meetings.
3. I feel light-headed, maybe I’ll feel better once I have a bite to eat.
4. A: I’m on my way out to grab a bite to eat. Would you like me to pick something up for you?
B: Sure, I’ll have whatever you’re having. Thanks!
bite, break, goodies, grub, lunch, light meal, midnight snack, pickings, refreshment, tidbit, tiny meal