If something is a blessing in disguise it means that something is bad at first but turns out to be beneficial.
A misfortune that unexpectedly turns into good fortune.
- Something that seems terrible, but actually produces positive results.
1. Grandma’s illness was a blessing in disguise because it brought the family back together.
2. I missed the bus today and later found out that it was involved in a horrible crash. What a blessing in disguise!
3. Losing my job turned out to be a blessing in disguise because it forced me think about my real passion in life.
4. All the stress in my life was a blessing in disguise, I learnt perseverance, patience, and drive through it all.
advantage, asset, benefit, boon, bounty, break, favour, gift, godsend, good fortune, good luck, miracle, lucky break, stroke of luck