- A breath of fresh air refers to a new approach or welcomed arrival.
- Someone or something that is new and different and makes everything seem more exciting.
- Pleasantly different.
1. My niece is full of energy and goodness, she is a breath of fresh air when she comes to visit every year.
2. Anita’s opinions are a breath of fresh air. It’s great to see someone so passionate about issues that matter.
3. I love going on hiking trips. There’s something about being in nature that is a breath of fresh air.
4. My new boss is a breath of fresh air. He’s fair, hard-working, and a respectful leader.
animate, bright, brisk, buoyant, bustling, cheerful, chipper, chirpy, dashing, enjoyable, entertaining, festive, frisky, full of pep, happy, hyper, keen, merry, perky, peppy, refreshing, sparkling, spirited, stimulating
Try this expression!
Take one’s breath away
- To take one’s breath away means to astonish or shock someone, with pleasure, surprise, or some other emotion.
- A feeling of surprise and admiration because something is so beautiful or exciting.
- Breathless with astonishment; surprise; stun.
1. Spencer is so handsome, he just takes my breath away.
2. Yosemite Valley was one of the most incredible places to visit. It took my breath away.
3. Garrett proposed in the most sweetest and thoughtful way. It absolutely took my breath away.
4. The best part of a vacation is to the watch the sun rise and set with someone you love. You should try it! It will take your breath away.
amaze, animate, astonish, astound, awe, blow away, dazzle, disturb, dumbfound, energise, excite, invigorate, jolt, overwhelm, perplex, rattle, rouse, shock, startle, stir, stun, surprise