- A breath of fresh air refers to a new approach or welcomed arrival.
- Someone or something that is new and different and makes everything seem more exciting.
- Pleasantly different.
1. My niece is full of energy and goodness, she is a breath of fresh air when she comes to visit every year.
2. Anita’s opinions are a breath of fresh air. It’s great to see someone so passionate about issues that matter.
3. I love going on hiking trips. There’s something about being in nature that is a breath of fresh air.
4. My new boss is a breath of fresh air. He’s fair, hard-working, and a respectful leader.
animate, bright, brisk, buoyant, bustling, cheerful, chipper, chirpy, dashing, enjoyable, entertaining, festive, frisky, full of pep, happy, hyper, keen, merry, perky, peppy, refreshing, sparkling, spirited, stimulating
Try this expression!
Take one’s breath away
- To take one’s breath away means to astonish or shock someone, with pleasure, surprise, or some other emotion.
- A feeling of surprise and admiration because something is so beautiful or exciting.
- Breathless with astonishment; surprise; stun.
1. Spencer is so handsome, he just takes my breath away.
2. Yosemite Valley was one of the most incredible places to visit. It took my breath away.
3. Garrett proposed in the most sweetest and thoughtful way. It absolutely took my breath away.
4. The best part of a vacation is to the watch the sun rise and set with someone you love. You should try it! It will take your breath away.
amaze, animate, astonish, astound, awe, blow away, dazzle, disturb, dumbfound, energise, excite, invigorate, jolt, overwhelm, perplex, rattle, rouse, shock, startle, stir, stun, surprise
To do more harm than good means to have a bad effect rather than a good one. To make a situation worse rather than better. To be damaging rather than helpful. 1. I'm sorry but saying anything at this point may do more harm than good. 2. Her boyfriend is doing more...read more
To do the unthinkable means to do something unexpected. Impossible to imagine; inconceivable. Unreasonable; improbable; not to be considered; out of the question. 1. This store is doing the unthinkable and making their products more affordable. 2. Skateboarding isn't...read more
To drop someone/something like a hot potato means to disassociate oneself with someone or something instantly. To discontinue; to get rid of very quickly. To quickly stop being involved with someone/something. 1. I dropped the idea like a hot potato because my boss...read more