- A nutcase refers to a crazy person; an irrational person.
- A crazy or foolish person; a strange person.
- Someone who is insane; eccentric.
1. My teacher is such a nutcase. But I love that about her, she knows how to enjoy being crazy!
2. Don’t you find that he is acting stranger these days? In fact, I’m beginning to think he’s kind of a nutcase.
3. My aunt is a bit of a nutcase. She lets us pour sugar over our cereal for breakfast!
4. Why is the reporter acting like such a nutcase? He should remember his boundaries.
character, crackpot, crazy person, cuckoo, deranged, eccentric, flake, fruitcake, geek, idiot, imbecile, insane, loon, looney, lunatic, madman, madwoman, maniac, mental case, misfit, nut, oddball, psycho, psychopath, psychotic, strange bird, weirdo
To do more harm than good means to have a bad effect rather than a good one. To make a situation worse rather than better. To be damaging rather than helpful. 1. I'm sorry but saying anything at this point may do more harm than good. 2. Her boyfriend is doing more...read more
To do the unthinkable means to do something unexpected. Impossible to imagine; inconceivable. Unreasonable; improbable; not to be considered; out of the question. 1. This store is doing the unthinkable and making their products more affordable. 2. Skateboarding isn't...read more
To drop someone/something like a hot potato means to disassociate oneself with someone or something instantly. To discontinue; to get rid of very quickly. To quickly stop being involved with someone/something. 1. I dropped the idea like a hot potato because my boss...read more