- If something is a piece of cake, it is very easy to do.
- Something easily accomplished.
- Something that is simple and easy to accomplish.
1. Last week’s English test was difficult but today’s was a piece of cake.
2. I’m worried about the tennis tournament. I’m sure today’s tennis match will be a piece of cake!
3. Using chopsticks is a piece of cake for me.
4. I didn’t know that steering a boat would be such a piece of cake.
a snap, accessible, accomplishable, at hand, available, breeze, cakewalk, cherry pie, chickenfeed, child’s play, cinch, duck soup, easy, feasible, fettable, likely, no-brainer, no problem, no sweat, obtainable, peanuts, picnic, pie, snap
To do more harm than good means to have a bad effect rather than a good one. To make a situation worse rather than better. To be damaging rather than helpful. 1. I'm sorry but saying anything at this point may do more harm than good. 2. Her boyfriend is doing more...read more
To do the unthinkable means to do something unexpected. Impossible to imagine; inconceivable. Unreasonable; improbable; not to be considered; out of the question. 1. This store is doing the unthinkable and making their products more affordable. 2. Skateboarding isn't...read more
To drop someone/something like a hot potato means to disassociate oneself with someone or something instantly. To discontinue; to get rid of very quickly. To quickly stop being involved with someone/something. 1. I dropped the idea like a hot potato because my boss...read more