- If something is a tall order, it is difficult to do.
- A request that is difficult to fulfill.
- A goal that is hard to fulfill or achieve.
1. Finishing the project on time was a tall order, but we did it!
2. Writing a song for next week’s concert is a tall order, but I’ll do it.
3. Completing the assignment on time was a tall order.
4. I’ve been on this case for 4 months now and it’s a tall order.
arduous, awesome, challenging, dismaying, effortful, great, hard, impressive, intimidating, labored, laborious, mighty, onerous, overpowering, powerful, rough, rough go, staggering, strenuous, toilsome, tough, tremendous, uphill