Above par means that something or someone is better than average or normal.
- Better or worse than is usual or expected.
- Above the expected standard.
1. Danny’s work is above par, so we’re going to promote him later this year.
2. Your computer skills are above par!
3. Diane’s musical technique is above par, she will play exceptionally well at the concert.
4. My father used to be a master at chess. His skills were above par which won him 10 national games.
a plus, A-1, accomplished, ace, admirable, all-star, attractive, choice, classic, distinguished, excellent, exceptional, exemplary, exquisite, fine, finest, first-rate, good, great, magnificent, outstanding, prime, select, skillfull, splendid, sterling, superior, superb, superlative
You can say that again is said when something is true; correct. Something that you say to show you completely agree with something that someone has just said. To express emphatic agreement. 1. A: What a beautiful day with all the flowers in bloom B: You can say that...read more