An eye for an eye means that you believe if someone did something wrong, they should be punished by having the same thing done to them.
Aggressive or harmful action committed against a person of equal aggressive or harmful action towards the aggressor.
- Punishment in which an offender suffers what the victim has suffered.
1. Some believe that if you murder someone, you deserve to die. An eye for an eye.
2. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. -Ghandi-
3. I hit you because you hit me. An eye for an eye!
4. A: Hey! You ate my last piece of chocolate!
B: You ate my last piece of pizza last week so I eat your chocolate, an eye for an eye buddy.
avenging, getting even, measure for measure, payback, reprisal, retaliation, retribution, revenge, tit for tat, tooth for a tooth, vengeance, vindication