Better left unsaid means something that should not be discussed.
Something that everyone is thinking but would cause difficulty talking about.
- When it is better to not say anything at all.
1. I don’t know how I should tell you, maybe it’s better left unsaid.
2. I don’t need to hear the whole story. Some things are better left unsaid.
3. Sometimes words are often better left unsaid at funerals.
4. If you can’t say anything nice, isn’t it better left unsaid altogether?
implied, implicit, inferred, left to the imagination, silenced, tacit, undeclared, understood, unexpressed, unspoken, unstated, unuttered, unvoiced, wordless