- If something is beyond belief it means it is inconceivable; outside of the realm of imagination, expectation, or anticipation.
- If you find someone’s behaviour impossible to accept, you can say it is beyond belief.
- Outside the range of what is normally considered believable.
1. His courage was beyond belief while running in to save that family from the fire.
2. The amount of attention and endorsements these politicians are getting is beyond belief.
3. A: What did you think of the movie? It’s your first viewing of an independent film.
B: It was beyond belief! Very engaging and what a beautiful storyline.
4. More and more corporations are indulging in corruption for their own gains. It’s beyond belief!
absurd, astonishing, doubtful, extraordinary, far-fetched, flaky, full of holes, illogical, implausible, impossible, improbable, incogitable, inconceivable, incredible, open to doubt, outlandish, past belief, preposterous, questionable, too much, unbelievable, unconvincing, unimaginable, unreasonable, unthinkable
How about this expression?
Beyond one’s means
- When something is more than one can afford, you can say that it is beyond one’s means.
- Too expensive for you.
- To spend more than one can afford ex. time/money.
1. My dream home is beyond our means but I hope to achieve it.
2. How are you going to fund your education? I’m scared that going to college may be beyond my means.
3. Controlling this class is beyond my means. The kids are horrible!
4. This disease has gotten significantly worse. It’s beyond our means now.
above, after, ahead, apart from, beyond the bounds, costly, exceeding, extravagant, fancy, free of, lavish, long way off, on the far side, on the other side, out of range, outside, over, overpriced, over and above, past, pricey, rich, ritzy, sky-high, steep, superior to, swank, too high, uneconomical, unreasonable, upscale