- By accident is used to describe an unexpected and undesirable event, especially one resulting in damage or harm.
- An unforeseen event that is not the result of intention or has no apparent cause.
- Lack if intention or chance.
1. I’ve been avoiding Anthony all week and just my luck, I ran into him by accident at the grocery store.
2. It was so embarrassing when I tripped by accident during our date.
3. Lilly fell and sprained her ankle. It happened by accident while we were playing.
4. I got 90% on my English exam! And some of the answers I got by accident.
aback, abruptly, accidentally, by mistake, by surprise, carelessly, ignorantly, inadvertently, mistakenly, off guard, sudden, surprisingly, unaware, unexpectedly, unintentionally, unknowingly, unprepared, unready