Dirty money refers to goods or money obtained illegally.
Money that someone gets in an unfair, illegal, or dishonest way.
- Money obtained unlawfully or immorally.
1. Recently, banks around the world have been accused of laundering dirty money.
2. Politicians ought to be investigated for dirty money.
3. After he robbed the bank, he spent the dirty money on a new house, fancy cars, and designer clothing.
4. Bribing your way to the top of the corporate ladder using dirty money isn’t the most honest way to get ahead.
booty, bribe, buyoff, corrupting gift, dishonest money, fringe benefit, illegal money, influence peddling, kickback, loot, plunder, pillage, prize, swag, unlawful funds
To do more harm than good means to have a bad effect rather than a good one. To make a situation worse rather than better. To be damaging rather than helpful. 1. I'm sorry but saying anything at this point may do more harm than good. 2. Her boyfriend is doing more...read more
To do the unthinkable means to do something unexpected. Impossible to imagine; inconceivable. Unreasonable; improbable; not to be considered; out of the question. 1. This store is doing the unthinkable and making their products more affordable. 2. Skateboarding isn't...read more
To drop someone/something like a hot potato means to disassociate oneself with someone or something instantly. To discontinue; to get rid of very quickly. To quickly stop being involved with someone/something. 1. I dropped the idea like a hot potato because my boss...read more