- To do something with your eyes closed means to do something very easily.
- To do something easily because you have done it many times.
1. I can change a flat tire with my eyes closed.
2. I’ve baked oatmeal cookies so many times, I could make them with my eyes closed.
3. I always bike from mom’s house to mine, I could do it with my eyes closed.
4. Writing this essay is a no brainer, I could do it with my eyes closed.
easily, effortlessly, going away, in a walk, with both eyes closed, with one hand tied behind one’s back
Try this expression!
Catch someone’s eye
- To catch someone’s eye means to be noticed by someone.
- To attract someone’s attention.
- To be different enough to be noticed by someone.
1. Look at that window display, it really caught my eye.
2. The first time I saw her, she just caught my eye. It was love at first sight.
3. A puppy with sad eyes caught my eye.
4. Beautiful red coats of luxurious fabrics caught my eye during Paris fashion week.
absorbing, alluring, appealing, attractive, beautiful, can’t miss it, charismatic, charming, conspicuous, cute, delightful, desirable, electrifying, elegant, eye-catching, fascinating, flashy, glamorous, gorgeous, graceful, irresistible, likeable, lovable, lovely, obvious, prominent, ravishing, seductive, spectacular, striking, stunning, showy, sweet
To do more harm than good means to have a bad effect rather than a good one. To make a situation worse rather than better. To be damaging rather than helpful. 1. I'm sorry but saying anything at this point may do more harm than good. 2. Her boyfriend is doing more...read more
To do the unthinkable means to do something unexpected. Impossible to imagine; inconceivable. Unreasonable; improbable; not to be considered; out of the question. 1. This store is doing the unthinkable and making their products more affordable. 2. Skateboarding isn't...read more
To drop someone/something like a hot potato means to disassociate oneself with someone or something instantly. To discontinue; to get rid of very quickly. To quickly stop being involved with someone/something. 1. I dropped the idea like a hot potato because my boss...read more