- If something does the trick, it is exactly what is needed.
- Having the necessary or desired effect.
- To successfully achieve a result; get the preferred outcome.
1. I think some more salt will do the trick!
2. A: This panel is loose and needs some tuning.
B: Maybe this driver will do the trick.
3. Our dogs fur has grown out so much I can’t see his eyes anymore, maybe a visit to the groomer will do the trick.
4. A: My wife is angry with me and I don’t know what to do.
B: I know a small box with something sparkly did the trick for me.
achieve, attain, bring about, carry out, conclude, contribute to, do, fill the bill, finish, manage, perform, produce, pull off, realize