To drink like a fish means to drink alcohol excessively.
To consume large amounts of alcoholic beverages.
- To regularly drink a lot of alcohol.
1. Gary was drinking like a fish at the party on Saturday.
2. I was at the event with Catherine and didn’t realise she was drinking like a fish.
3. Grandpa Joe has a bad habit of drinking like a fish.
4. I drank like a fish at my going away party.
boozer, dipsomaniac, hard drinker, inebriate, lush, problem drinker, sot, souse, substance abuser, tippler, wino