- To feel blue means to feel sad.
- To feel depressed or sad.
- A feeling associated with unhappiness.
1. The gloomy weather is making me feel blue.
2. I was feeling blue after I found out that my best friend was moving away.
3. This song makes me feel blue.
4. Olivia says she is feeling blue lately. Let’s go cheer her up!
blue funk, broody, cheerless, depressed, dismal, dispirited, down in the dumps, downhearted, forlorn, glum, in the dumps, joyless, low, melancholy, miserable, moody, moping, mopish, morose, mournful, oppressed, pessimistic, sad, solemn, sullen, sulky, ugly, unhappy, weary, woeful
To do more harm than good means to have a bad effect rather than a good one. To make a situation worse rather than better. To be damaging rather than helpful. 1. I'm sorry but saying anything at this point may do more harm than good. 2. Her boyfriend is doing more...read more
To do the unthinkable means to do something unexpected. Impossible to imagine; inconceivable. Unreasonable; improbable; not to be considered; out of the question. 1. This store is doing the unthinkable and making their products more affordable. 2. Skateboarding isn't...read more
To drop someone/something like a hot potato means to disassociate oneself with someone or something instantly. To discontinue; to get rid of very quickly. To quickly stop being involved with someone/something. 1. I dropped the idea like a hot potato because my boss...read more