- To feel blue means to feel sad.
- To feel depressed or sad.
- A feeling associated with unhappiness.
1. The gloomy weather is making me feel blue.
2. I was feeling blue after I found out that my best friend was moving away.
3. This song makes me feel blue.
4. Olivia says she is feeling blue lately. Let’s go cheer her up!
blue funk, broody, cheerless, depressed, dismal, dispirited, down in the dumps, downhearted, forlorn, glum, in the dumps, joyless, low, melancholy, miserable, moody, moping, mopish, morose, mournful, oppressed, pessimistic, sad, solemn, sullen, sulky, ugly, unhappy, weary, woeful