- For kicks and giggles means doing something for fun; just for entertainment; no good reason.
- To do something for amusement or to annoy someone else.
- A nicer version of shits ‘n giggles.
1. We threw eggs at our neighbours’ window last night for kicks and giggles.
2. Our English teacher likes to prank her coworkers during breaks for kicks and giggles.
3. It’s a tradition to scare our mom every Halloween for kicks and giggles. She falls for it every time!
4. I parked my girlfriend’s car a block away and told her someone stole it for kicks and giggles.
antic, cheat, deceive, delude, dupe, fake out, food, fooling, gag, high jinks, idiot, jackass, jerk, joke, horseplay, lead on, make believe, mockery, moron, nitwit, play a trick on, prank, pretend, put one over on, scam, simpleton, suck in, spoof, trick
How about another expression?
- A kick-start means to give new energy to something.
- To make something start to happen.
- To start or reinvigorate an activity, system, or process.
1. The politician thinks we need to pay more taxes in order to kick-start the economy.
2. This group needs a kick-start, something like a retreat to heal and renew.
3. A new exercise regimen is a perfect kick-start to the New Year.
4. Investing in a new home was a kick-start to my independence!
admit, begin, break the ice, come out with, come up with, commence, dream up, encourage, enter, get ball rolling, get feet wet, get something going, get under way, initiate, launch, open, prompt, provoke, quicken, set in motion, set up, spur, stimulate, take up, trigger