- When someone tells you to get real, it means to be realistic and understand what’s going on.
- To accept the truth and not deceive yourself.
- To try to see what is really happening; reality check.
1. Get real! He’s never going to stop cheating on you.
2. How about you get real and start getting your life in order?
3. You think that dressing in designer clothes and driving a nice car will get celebrities to like you? Get real!
4. Do you really think eating low fat foods will make you lost weight? Get real!
actual, authentic, certain, honest, legitimate, original, right, true
To do more harm than good means to have a bad effect rather than a good one. To make a situation worse rather than better. To be damaging rather than helpful. 1. I'm sorry but saying anything at this point may do more harm than good. 2. Her boyfriend is doing more...read more
To do the unthinkable means to do something unexpected. Impossible to imagine; inconceivable. Unreasonable; improbable; not to be considered; out of the question. 1. This store is doing the unthinkable and making their products more affordable. 2. Skateboarding isn't...read more
To drop someone/something like a hot potato means to disassociate oneself with someone or something instantly. To discontinue; to get rid of very quickly. To quickly stop being involved with someone/something. 1. I dropped the idea like a hot potato because my boss...read more