- To give it a shot means to attempt to do something.
- To be given an opportunity and make an effort.
- To try.
1. I’ve never played tennis before but I’ll give it a shot.
2. I don’t know how to cook but I’ll give it a shot.
3. It won’t be easy, but you should give it a shot.
4. I’ve never been a good dancer but I’d like to give it a shot at least for the wedding.
aim, attack, attempt, effort, give a whirl, give best shot, give it a go, go the limit, have a crack, have a go at, pursue, push, seek, solicit, strive, tackle, take a stab at, take best shot, take on