If you have someone’s head on a plate you are very angry with them and want them to be punished.
A desire for revenge on an enemy.
- Punishment towards someone.
1. I’m so angry with John, I want his head on a platter.
2. I’m sure that my boss wanted my head on a platter after he found out I was lying to him.
3. During teacher development days, I get so annoyed that I want my principal’s head on a platter.
4. I was enraged with the president’s address about health care that I wanted his head on a platter.
attack, blood for blood, get back, payback, remorseless, reprisal, retribution, revenge, ruthlessness, unforgiving, vengeance