If you have someone’s head on a plate you are very angry with them and want them to be punished.
A desire for revenge on an enemy.
- Punishment towards someone.
1. I’m so angry with John, I want his head on a platter.
2. I’m sure that my boss wanted my head on a platter after he found out I was lying to him.
3. During teacher development days, I get so annoyed that I want my principal’s head on a platter.
4. I was enraged with the president’s address about health care that I wanted his head on a platter.
attack, blood for blood, get back, payback, remorseless, reprisal, retribution, revenge, ruthlessness, unforgiving, vengeance
To do more harm than good means to have a bad effect rather than a good one. To make a situation worse rather than better. To be damaging rather than helpful. 1. I'm sorry but saying anything at this point may do more harm than good. 2. Her boyfriend is doing more...read more
To do the unthinkable means to do something unexpected. Impossible to imagine; inconceivable. Unreasonable; improbable; not to be considered; out of the question. 1. This store is doing the unthinkable and making their products more affordable. 2. Skateboarding isn't...read more
To drop someone/something like a hot potato means to disassociate oneself with someone or something instantly. To discontinue; to get rid of very quickly. To quickly stop being involved with someone/something. 1. I dropped the idea like a hot potato because my boss...read more