- In a nutshell is something you say when you are describing something using as few words as possible.
- To briefly discuss/explain something.
- In short; in summary; in brief; concisely.
- The short version of a longer story.
1. Just tell me the story in a nutshell.
2. Our trip to Europe is being delayed with work and family issues, in a nutshell, we may have to cancel.
3. I listen to jazz music for lots of reasons, but in a nutshell it makes me feel happy and light.
4. “I was late for work, fell down the stairs, and spilled coffee on my shirt. In a nutshell, I had a horrible day.”
arbitrary, boiled down, brief, compact, compacted, concise, concisely, condensed, cursory, hasty, in brief, in short, recapped, run-down, run-through, short, short and sweet, shortly, succinct, summarily, terse, to sum things up, to the point
To do more harm than good means to have a bad effect rather than a good one. To make a situation worse rather than better. To be damaging rather than helpful. 1. I'm sorry but saying anything at this point may do more harm than good. 2. Her boyfriend is doing more...read more
To do the unthinkable means to do something unexpected. Impossible to imagine; inconceivable. Unreasonable; improbable; not to be considered; out of the question. 1. This store is doing the unthinkable and making their products more affordable. 2. Skateboarding isn't...read more
To drop someone/something like a hot potato means to disassociate oneself with someone or something instantly. To discontinue; to get rid of very quickly. To quickly stop being involved with someone/something. 1. I dropped the idea like a hot potato because my boss...read more