- Keeping up with the Joneses means that you try to match the lifestyle of one’s neighbours.
- Trying to own all the same things as people you know in order to see as good as them.
- People who are competitive about material possessions and try to have the latest and best things.
1. Jenna is only concerned with keeping up with the Joneses.
2. He lives in a high end neighbourhood and feels he needs to keep up with the Joneses.
3. If we continue to keep up with the Joneses, we’ll be broke in two years.
4. Our family is not one to keep up with the Joneses, we are proud of the way we live.
addiction, belief, confidence, craving, credence, dependency, enslavement, faith, fixation, habit, inclination, obsession