- If someone is living on borrowed time, they are not expected to live much longer.
- A limited period of time postponing the occurrence of something inevitable.
- The time borrowed from death.
1. Our family is driving a car that is living on borrowed time.
2. Gertrude says every birthday is another reminder that she is living on borrowed time.
3. Many cancer patients believe they live on borrowed time.
4. After the car accident, I feel like I am living on borrowed time.
alive, aware, breathing, conscious, endure, existing, draw breath, functioning, have life, living, mortal, remain alive, subsist, survive, vital