When something is off limits, it is an activity that is not allowed.
When someone is off limits, it means they are forbidden to be patronised, frequented, used, or met.
- Not to be entered; not to be used or consumed.
1. The beach is off limits after 7 p.m.
2. Don’t you dare touch the drone I got for my birthday, it’s off limits!
3. Elizabeth is my girlfriend now so I want you to know that she is off limits.
4. Due to political issues, I believe that that island is off limits to everyone except military personnel.
against the law, banned, barred, constraint, disallowance, don’t, forbidden, illegal, illicit, restricted, no-no, not allowed, out of bounds, outlawed, prohibited, taboo, unlawful, verboten
To do more harm than good means to have a bad effect rather than a good one. To make a situation worse rather than better. To be damaging rather than helpful. 1. I'm sorry but saying anything at this point may do more harm than good. 2. Her boyfriend is doing more...read more
To do the unthinkable means to do something unexpected. Impossible to imagine; inconceivable. Unreasonable; improbable; not to be considered; out of the question. 1. This store is doing the unthinkable and making their products more affordable. 2. Skateboarding isn't...read more
To drop someone/something like a hot potato means to disassociate oneself with someone or something instantly. To discontinue; to get rid of very quickly. To quickly stop being involved with someone/something. 1. I dropped the idea like a hot potato because my boss...read more