- To pick someone’s brain means to find out information about something.
- To inquire of someone; ask someone for information, advice.
- Obtain ideas or information from another person.
1. Let’s grab a coffee, I want to pick your brains about decorating my living room.
2. Hey neighbour! I need to pick your brains about all these weeds in my garden.
3. We spent the evening drinking wine and picking our brains about the wedding party.
4. I need to pick your brain for a minute!
argue, ask advice of, brainstorm, buzz, challenge, compare notes, consider, cross-examine, deliberate, demand, discuss, inquire, interrogate, interview, investigate, pop the question, put heads together, query, question, request, roast, seek advice, seek opinion of, talk counsel, talk over