- When something is right under your nose, it means that it was there in plain view but unnoticed.
Being oblivious to something that should otherwise be easily seen.
- To be in a place that you can clearly see.
1. The keys were on the desk the entire time, right under my nose.
2. Lisa was planning the trip right under his nose and he had no idea!
3. I’ve been struggling with this math problem but the answer was right under my nose the whole time!
4. The school staff planned a retirement party right under my nose. I am grateful to have such lovely coworkers.
apparent, appeciable, clear, conspicuous, discernible, distinct, evident, eye-catching, glaring, noticeable, observable, obvious, overt, palpable, perceptible, prominent, understandable, unmistakable, visible