- When something or someone is described as run-of-the-mill, it is not special or outstanding.
- Ordinary, average, or undistinguished in quality, character, or nature.
- Merely average; commonplace; mediocre.
1. A: I see you’re watching football, are you a fan?
B: Ah, this is run-of-the-mill football, I’m a fan of college football!
2. I prefer white wine to red wine, but this Californian white wine is run-of-the-mill.
3. I was never an A+ student, just run-of-the-mill.
4. In my opinion, the actors in the musical gave a run-of-the-mill performance.
common, commonplace, customary, dime a dozen, everyday, fair, fair to middling, garden-variety, humdrum, intermediate, mainstream, mediocre, medium, middle of the road, middling, ordinary, regular, routine, so-so, undistinguished, unexceptional, usual