- Same old, same old is used to say that a situation or someone’s behaviour remains the same, especially when it is boring or annoying.
- When nothing changes, it’s the same old, same old.
- Another way of saying, “the same old thing” or “nothing new”.
1. I really need a break from the same old, same old schedule.
2. How have you been Jillian? Oh, everyday is the same old, same old.
3. Henry, you need a girlfriend because every day is the same old, same old for you, work then home.
4. Hawaii was great! Beautiful ocean views, comfy hotels, delicious food but now it’s back to the same old, same old.
accepted, acknowledged, chronic, common, conventional, established, everyday, familiar, frequent, habitual, household, in the groove, normal, ordinary, regular, routine, traditional