- Saving grace refers to the one thing that saves or redeems someone or something from total disaster.
- If someone has some character defects, but has a characteristic that compensates for their feelings and shortcomings, this is their saving grace.
- A good quality that makes a bad person or thing better or more acceptable.
1. His saving grace is that he has a lot of money.
2. The saving grace of the date was that the food was good.
3. Being able to see my family was my saving grace from depression.
4. The saving grace of this pasta dish is the beautiful presentation.
extenuative, good point, palliative, point of character, redeeming feature