- When the time is ripe it means that it is the most favourable time to do something.
- The right moment for something.
- A suitable point for a particular activity.
1. You’ve got to invest in stocks when the time is ripe and that means now!
2. I’m waiting until the time is ripe to tell my parents about wrecking their car.
3. I’ll tell my mom about my plan to move to New York when the time is ripe.
4. Since the time is ripe, I thought I’d tell my boss for a raise.
auspicious, in readiness, opportune, prepared, right, suitable, timely, well-timed