- There’s no place like home for the holidays is an expression saying that the best of all places during festivities is home.
- The best place being home with friends and family.
- Home gives us a special feeling that no other place can give us.
1. A: Where are you spending your winter break?
B: I’m definitely going home this year. Because there’s no place like home for the holidays.
2. A: How are you doing these days?
B: Actually, I’m quite homesick. There’s really no place like home for the holidays.
3. I can’t wait for eggnog, singing carols, and unwrapping gifts! There’s no place like home for the holidays.
4. A: Are you glad to be back?
B: I’m very happy to be back. You know what they say right? There’s no place like home for the holidays.
at rest, castle, central, down home, familiar, family, habitation, homely, homey, homestead, house, household, local, national, native, nest, pad, palace, residence, roof, shelter
How about this expression?
‘Tis the season
- ‘Tis the season refers to the time before Christmas.
- The joyous and warm time of Christmas.
1. A: Hey sis, can you come over and help me decorate my place for the Christmas party?
B: Of course! ‘Tis the season, after all.
2. I love shopping for Christmas presents for my loved ones. ‘Tis the season!
3. ‘Tis the season of eggnog and holiday cheer! Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!
4. Cast your worries aside and enjoy the holidays. After all, ’tis the season to be jolly.
bouncy, carefree, cheerful, chipper, chirpy, convivial, delightful, enjoyable, entertaining, festive, funny, gay, gladsome, gleeful, happy, joshing, jovial, joyous, jubilant, larking, laughing, lighthearted, merry, playful, pleasant, sprightly