- When two people tie the knot, they get married.
- To marry a mate.
- To get married.
1. Danny and Olivia have decided to tie the knot in early March.
2. We tied the knot at a beautiful castle in Ireland.
3. Celine really wants to tie the knot, but Nicholas is having second thoughts.
4. Some people suggest that premarital counselling before tying the knot is a good way to start a marriage.
become man and wife, become one, celebrate a marriage, get hitched, get spliced, marry, take the plunge, tie the wedding knot, walk down the aisle, wed