- To hit on means to get someone to like you by flirting with them.
To show someone in a direct way that you are attracted to him/her.
To flirt with someone; to make a pass at someone.
1. I think Melissa was hitting on me at the party.
2. She keeps looking over at me, should I hit on her?
3. What should I do if a guy hits on me?
4. All the girls were hitting on Mason but he didn’t complain.
attract, charm, chase, cultivate, date, entice, go out with, go steady, go together, go with, invite, keep company with, lead on, make a move, make a pass, philander, pick up, pitch, please, praise, propose, proposition, pursue, seek, tease, woo