To turn the other cheek means to ignore abuse or insult.
To respond meekly or mildly to insult or injury without retaliating.
- To refrain from retaliating when one has been attacked or insulted.
1. Elizabeth just turned the other cheek when her mother criticized her appearance.
2. Ben and Vince often turned the other cheek when they heard racist remarks.
3. Jenny turns the other cheek whenever her husband yells at her.
4. If someone attacks you with harsh words, just turn the other cheek.
absolve, accept for apology, allow for, bear with, clear, condone, dismiss from mind, excuse, exempt, forget, forgive, laugh off, let bygones be bygones, let it go, let off easy, let pass, let up on, overlook, reprieve, think no more of