- Until the cows come home is an expression that describes time specifically, a very long time.
- For a long but indefinite time.
1. You can diet until the cows come home, but you’ll never fit into a size 0.
2. You can save your paycheque until the cows come home, but you’ll never become rich.
3. You can yell at me until the cows come home, but it won’t solve the problem.
4. You can study until the cows come home, but you’ll have to learn communication skills with people in the workplace.
always, endlessly, eternally, evermore, everything considered, for always, for good, for life, forevermore, interminably, lastingly, on and on, permanently, perpetually, till blue in the face, till the end of time
Try this expression!
Come what may
- If you’re prepared to do something come what may, it means nothing will stop or distract you, no matter how hard or difficult it becomes.
- No matter what happens.
1. Mom, I’ll visit you at the hospital as much as I can, come what may.
2. I’m saving up to move to New York, come what may.
3. I’ll be at your recital to see your performance, come what may.
4. It’s great that your job is secure in a stable company, come what may.
although, anyways, but, definitely, despite, for certain, in any case, in spite of everything, nevertheless, no matter what, undoubtedly, unfailingly, unquestionably
To do more harm than good means to have a bad effect rather than a good one. To make a situation worse rather than better. To be damaging rather than helpful. 1. I'm sorry but saying anything at this point may do more harm than good. 2. Her boyfriend is doing more...read more
To do the unthinkable means to do something unexpected. Impossible to imagine; inconceivable. Unreasonable; improbable; not to be considered; out of the question. 1. This store is doing the unthinkable and making their products more affordable. 2. Skateboarding isn't...read more
To drop someone/something like a hot potato means to disassociate oneself with someone or something instantly. To discontinue; to get rid of very quickly. To quickly stop being involved with someone/something. 1. I dropped the idea like a hot potato because my boss...read more