If someone goes weak at the knees, they feel as if they might fall down because they have a sudden strong emotion about something or someone.
- Losing strength and feel you are going to fall over, usually because of seeing or talking about someone you are attracted to.
- A powerful emotional reaction to something about someone or something.
1. Just the sight of him made me weak in the knees.
2. A: How are your baby twins doing?
B: Oh! They are doing really well. We get weak in the knees every time we see them.
3. I am so nervous about sky-diving this weekend. It’s making me weak in the knees.
4. Just thinking about riding the roller coaster made me feel weak in the knees.
afraid, agitated, annoyed, apprehensive, chicken, concerned, cowardly, dazed, distracted, edgy, fussy, giddy, groggy, hazy, hesitant, hysterical, irritable, jittery, jumpy, light, middled, off balance, out of control, shaky, shy, tense, timid, uneasy, uptight, volatile, weak, wired, wobbly, woozy, worried